(IDEX Online News) – For the first time in many months, there was a clear upward trend in prices of round diamonds in January with most categories showing rises. This was particularly the case with the 0.30-0.39 to 0.70-0.79 carat categories. <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /?>
There were relatively few decliners, although 0.45-0.49 carat diamonds in the L-M, IF-VVS1 category saw decreases of 2-3 percent, with similar declines in the 1.25-1.49 category in E-F, IF-VVS1 clarities.
Fancy diamonds saw relatively few price changes, with more of a mix of both upward and downward trends. There were decreases in a range of colors and clarities in 0.30-0.39 carat diamonds of 2-4 percent, and in several color-clarities in 1.50-1.99 carat stones, and in the 2.00-2.99 and 4.00-4.99 categories.
The following are some of the changes in this week's IDEX Online Diamond Price Report.
To receive a free copy of the full IDEX Online Diamond Price Report, please email us at
- 0.18-0.22 cts F / SI2 -4%, G/ SI1 +5%
- 0.23-0.29 cts Just one change, upwards
- 0.30-0.39 cts D-I/ IF-SI1 +2-2%
- 0.40-0.44 cts L-M / IF-VVS1 -2-3%, D-K/ IF-SI1 +2-4%
- 0.45-0.49 cts L-N / IF-VVS1 -2-3%, D-I/ IF-SI1 +2-3%
- 0.50-0.69 cts E-N / IF-I1 +1-3%
- 0.70-0.79 cts L-M / SI1-I1 -1-3%, D / IF-SI2 +2-3%
- 0.80-0.89 cts E / IF-VVS1 1-3%, D-F / IF-SI2 +1-3%
- 0.90-0.99 cts J/ SI2 -3%, H / IF-VVS1 +2%
- 1.00-1.24 cts D-E/ VS1-VS2 -1-2%, J-K / SI2 +2%
- 1.25-1.49 cts E-F / IF-VVS1 -2-3%, E / VVS2-VS1 +2-3%
- 2 cts J / VVS1 -2%, N / SI1-SI2 +2%
- 3 cts E / VS1 -3%, D / VS2 +2%
- 4 cts Just two changes, both upwards
- 5 cts Unchanged
- 0.18-0.22 cts Just one change, upwards
- 0.23-0.29 cts Just