The Association FranÃ§aise de Gemmologie (the French Association of Gemmology) has announced the line-up of speakers for the 18th Paris Gemmological Rendez Vous, its prestigious annual gems symposium, which will take place on September 9, 2019, at: l'ASIEM, 6 rue Albert de Lapparent, Paris, France.
Among the speakers are:
- Alan Bronstein, President of the Natural Color Diamond Association
- AurÃ©lien Delaunay, director of the French Laboratory Of Gemmology (LFG)
- Richard Duffy, CEO of Petra Diamonds
- David Fisher, Principal Scientist, De Beers Technology
- StÃ©phane Fischler, President of the World Diamond Council
- Peter Karakchiev, Head of the International Relations Department, ALROSA
- Jim Pounds, Executive Vice-President Diamonds, Dominion Diamond Mines
- Martin Rapaport, Chairman, Rapaport
- Eddy Vleeschdraeger, Director at the Scientific and Technical Research Center for
- Diamonds (WTOCD - Belgium), author of "Hardness 10"
- Feriel Zerouki, Senior Vice-President of International Relations and Ethical Initiatives, De Beers
Didier Giard will be moderating the symposium. Giard is President of the French Association of Gemmology and a member of the French Academy of Overseas Sciences.
"This year's symposium will be taking a comprehensive look at diamonds," said Giard. "During a period of many challenges to the natural diamond industries including synthetics and a volatile international market, we are very proud to host such distinguished members of the diamond industry. They will be giving us their considered views, backed by years of experience, on the diamond industry from many different angles.
"This is a one-day event (9.15 am to 6.00 pm) that will give the...